Given there's not much new Halo news since the game has come out, other than a few cool Easters eggs and hints about DLC, Bungie has provided us with the next best thing, some stats on the usage of Halo: Reach.
They are really quite telling and reveal a lot about the Halo community and how it plays. Some of us are awesome and some of us just suck:
As per Stosh in the Weekly Update:
- So, barely 5% of players have earned the “A Monument to all Your Sins” achievement. What about the rest of ‘em? Is assassinating an Elite in mid-fall as challenging for everyone else as it is for you? Here are a few more stats taken from the 10/2 Xbox LIVE report:
- The most common achievement earned is “Doctor, Doctor.” Over 80% of players have used a health path to replenish life.
- The rarest achievement is “Make it Rain” which makes sense considering you have to hit the rank of Lt. Colonel first. As of 10/2, less than 1% of players have earned this.
- “If They Came to Hear Me Beg” has been completed by roughly 10% of players – nearly double the amount of people who have beaten the game on Legendary solo. (I admit I have yet to earn this, but honestly haven’t really put much effort towards it yet)
- Over 17% of players have earned “Heat in the Pipe” by scoring 1,000,000 points in a Firefight game. Estimated percentage of those who did it WITHOUT “cheesing” (making a custom gametype with infinite ammo, unlimited shields, etc…) = .0001%.
- Twice as many people have completed the campaign on Legendary co-operatively vs. alone.
- Barely 16% of you have killed 10 enemies in Firefight or Campaign with a supercombine explosion. Come on people, this is cake. Play Score Attack and pick either Sniper Attack or Crash Site (both feature unlimited ammo) and grab yourself a Needler or Needle Rifle and go nuts. Bam.